I have been slightly delinquent on my blog posts, and thought I should post a few thoughts on this pregnancy versus my last one since the baby could, in theory, arrive any day!
We found out we would be having another baby a couple days before Aubrey's 2nd birthday. We were surprised, but excited! I had a feeling it was a boy from that very first day, and if the ultrasounds we've had thus far are correct, then I was right! ;) Prior to getting pregnant, I had been working out a lot and I was able to keep that up for the majority of my pregnancy, other than a 4-6 week period in November where I was too tired to wake up for a 6:30 workout, fell asleep around 8pm, and got a headache nearly every afternoon around 2 or 3pm. Once that passed and I was about 11-12 weeks along, I felt much better, and was able to get back into my workouts - hooray!
We found out we were having a boy when we were about 16 weeks along. I SWEAR I felt the baby move around 11-12 weeks, but some things I read online said that's "impossible" - hmmmm, I still think I felt him moving around. Once he was moving around a lot, let's say around 16-20 weeks, he did just that: he moved a LOT. He has been way more active than Aubrey ever was. His movements were also different, in that he would twist and turn and move from one side of my belly to the other (Aubrey had a lot more erratic kicks and punches). As he got bigger, he definitely preferred the right side of my belly (from my perspective), and my belly would look lopsided with his body always on that side! The baby would have super active periods every day, and would love in such large, sweeping motions that my belly would feel like it was pulling the rest of my body with it. This is one strong, active baby! I would sit in the office in meetings and have to gasp audibly because it was so surprising and forceful. Jason, my family and I could also watch my stomach and see the baby moving back and forth, making my belly pulsate in a way - also something that didn't happen with my first pregnancy.
Around 30-32 weeks, I started to notice a lot of pressure up high - the baby would push against me, in what seemed to be a position like him arching his back. I thought he might be head-down, and his butt was constantly pushing against me right there, but I didn't want to get too hopeful since Aubrey had been head-down until I was 38 weeks along. This time around, I've had LOTS of braxton-hicks contractions (especially during one of my two stomach flu episodes this pregnancy, back in March. The first flu was a few days after Christmas, bleck. Thank goodness there was no third trimester flu episode!), and a lot more belly activity in general. I hear this is common in subsequent pregnancies so hopefully that fact, rather than this just being a crazy active baby, is why!
At 36 weeks, the doctor confirmed that baby is head down, which made me excited because my goal is to try for a VBAC delivery this time around. I have been having some contractions and other early labor signs (which are only signs that labor is 1-4 weeks away so they don't really tell you much) so maybe this will be successful? We'll see. Either way, we're excited to meet our active baby boy and can't wait to see what he looks like, and what kind of a personality he will have!
No comments:
Post a Comment